We see volunteering as a key part of how we work across the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership and how we deliver services that improve people’s health, wellbeing and recovery. Volunteers are essential to our Partnership enabling us to provide more and better services.
- Support people one to one, in a group, over the phone or as peer supporter.
- Opportunities to use and develop your skills.
- Out of pocket expenses covered.
- Provide genuine and meaningful support.
- Use your own experiences of mental illness and recovery to support others.
- Helps to reduce isolation and raises self esteem.
- Contribute to work that you can be proud of.
- Improve both your own and others confidence.
- Provides experience which may help you move into paid employment such as paid peer supporter roles or other jobs within the Partnership.
What opportunities are there?
- Oxfordshire Mind’s Wellbeing Service and Information Line.
- Benefits for Better Mental Health.
- RAW workshop.
- Mind and Response Supported Housing services.
- Connection and Elmore Floating support services.
- The Recovery College.
- Restore’s recovery groups, coaching, café, events and fundraising.
- Active Body Health Mind sports volunteers.
- Patient Advice Liaison Service.
- Administration and finance.
- Peer support groups.
- Social media.
- Support fundraising.
- Supporting people to access social and community services.
Three new and exciting opportunities with Oxford Health:
- Creating with Care – supporting creative arts programmes in community hospitals
- Green Spaces – supporting gardening and garden space development at sites across Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire
- Urgent Care – supporting the urgent care teams with patient engagement and signposting at sites across Oxfordshire
An application pack can be downloaded here.
If you want to make a difference to people’s lives, share your skills and experiences then please contact our partner organisations below. We provide training, support and have all sorts of opportunities across the Partnership.
Find out more
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
Phone: 01865 714111
Phone: 01865 263730
Phone: 01865 711267
Elmore Community Services
Phone: 01865 200130
Phone: 01865 387940
Phone: 01865 455833