How to Access Services

Contact your General Practitioner (GP) if you are not known to mental health services

If you, a friend or relative are experiencing mental health problems and need emergency treatment, you should contact your General Practitioner (GP) in the first instance.

Your GP is your family doctor, the doctor you would normally go to see if you are ill or concerned about your health. He or she can usually deal with a mental health problem more quickly and fully than an Accident and Emergency (A & E) department.

To search for a GP in your area or to find the contact details of your practice please see the doctors section on

If you are known to Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

Your local Adult Mental Health Team is available to be contacted 7 days a week from 7am until 9pm:


Oxford City and North East Oxon:

01865 902200


North West Oxon:

01865 902563


South Oxon:

01865 904191


To access other services in the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership

Please complete the Common Referral Form and send to the appropriate organisation:

If you are using a mental health service within the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership, there is no need to make a new referral to access other mental health services. We will ‘passport’ your assessment information to the appropriate organisation.

Oxfordshire Mind’s Wellbeing Service

When you are looking for support for your wellbeing, you can access Oxfordshire Mind’s Wellbeing Service once you have had an Options session with a Wellbeing Service Worker to discuss your mental health and wellbeing, and help you to find the right support. Visit our Information Service page for more information and to request a call-back to book an Options Session.

For more information on mental health services

Sometimes finding the right help can be difficult. That’s why Oxfordshire Mind have brought all the mental health services in Oxfordshire together into one directory. From recovery and support groups to community mental health teams, it holds up-to-date contact details for a wide range of services as well as information and links about mental health. If you can’t find what you’re after in the directory, you can phone the mental health info line:

Mental Health info line - 01865 247788
9.30am – 4.30pm (mon – thurs), 9.30am to 4pm (fri)
closed bank holidays

Oxfordshire County Council has information on services and support for people with mental health needs and their carers.

If you are worried that a friend or relative will not seek help for a mental health problem, Mind nationally publishes some helpful guidance as well as information about mental health problems. If you are thinking of calling the Oxfordshire Mind Information Line this is a good place to start.